It’s the middle of the day, and you still feel like you are stuck in first gear. You are foggy, fatigued, and exhausted.
There are a number of reasons you can be fatigued, including a medical condition, a sedentary lifestyle, stress in your life, a poor diet, lack of sleep, or a combination of these issues.
According to Medical News Today, around 15.3 percent of adult women, and 10.1 percent of adult men routinely feel “very tired or exhausted,” on a regular basis.
Tiredness can lead to many different issues. As an example, one out of every 25 drivers report falling asleep at the wheel at least once a month.
While every adult feels tired at some point in their life—whether due to a late night out, extra work, or staying up late to binge-watch Netflix—if you are routinely fatigued, you may want to delve further into the possible reasons for your exhaustion.
Some of the more common reasons for fatigue include:
- Consistently getting less sleep than you need. If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, you need a minimum of seven hours of sleep each day for optimal health. Yet a large percentage of those in these age groups consistently get by with four or five hours of sleep. When you routinely get less sleep than you need, you may experience a number of adverse consequences, including higher blood pressure, obesity, stroke, heart disease, depression, and an increased risk of death.
- Constantly eating an unhealthy diet. If you exist on coffee and fast food, it may be time to make some major adjustments to your diet. When you eat a well-balanced diet, you will feel better, and your fatigue will be lessened. When you eat the appropriate number of calories, fill at least half of your plate with fruits and vegetables, consume only whole grains, cut back on sugar, drink enough water, and always eat a healthy breakfast, you might be surprised to see your fatigue melt away.
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle. This can cause serious fatigue—while it might seem that sitting on the couch and relaxing would alleviate fatigue; in reality, moving can actually re-energize you.
- Living a life that is always full of stress. If your life is full of stress—whether due to work issues, financial problems, relationship issues, major life events, or other upheavals, you may be chronically stressed. This chronic stress can, in turn, lead to chronic fatigue. While we can never eliminate all stressors in our lives, we can learn how to deal with stress in a more productive manner. Keep a stress journal to identify the sources of your stress, stop taking on more than you can handle, avoid those people who cause you stress (when possible), and learn to express your feelings in a healthy way.
- You have an underlying medical condition. If you have made changes to your diet, level of movement, sleep, and stressors, and you are still fatigued, you may need to see your doctor to determine whether you have an underlying medical condition. Some of these medical conditions which would cause fatigue include:
- Underactive thyroid
- Heart disease
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Urinary tract infection
- Hormone imbalances
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- More serious diseases, such as cancer
Hormone Therapy for Fatigue
If it turns out that the cause of your fatigue is due to hormone imbalances, you might want to consider hormone therapy.
Archway Apothecary provides compounded, individualized hormones which meet your needs more precisely. If you are feeling out of balance, struggling with irritability, weight gain, or fatigue, your hormones may need to be balanced.
Your hormones control most of your bodily functions, including vital functions like regulating your immune system, your mood, your libido, your appetite and your digestion. When your hormones are out of balance, you may constantly feel fatigued, as though you are going through life in a fog.
How We Can Help
At Archway Apothecary, we offer customized, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy solutions for both men and women. We are located in Covington, Louisiana. However, we serve clients nationally, offering shipping for all women’s hormone replacement products.